In the “I wish I knew then what I know now” category are a laptop hard drive and full bookcase of information on fertility that I have amassed in the past 2 ½ years. Fertility challenges are something that few women envision encountering (although 1 in 7 couples may experience) and I, like so many, went straight to What to Expect When You’re Expecting. After 6 months (I’m over 35) and a few blood tests I realized what I needed was more like What to Expect When You’re Expecting Expecting and Expecting, But Never Seem To Get Pregnant. Through trial and error I have amassed some essential resources that I would like to share with any woman experiencing difficult conception. This pared-down collection of must-haves reflects my belief that understanding your cycle in detail, creating a mind-body connection capable of withstanding the inherent stresses in the challenged fertility process, and optimizing your nutrition are the key elements to a successful fertility journey whether you get pregnant or not.
The DCPatient Fertility Toolkit
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH
- Navigating the Land of If: Understanding Infertility & Exploring Your Options by Melissa Ford
- The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis, MD
- Conquering Infertility by Alice Domar, PhD
- The Fertility Diet by Jorge Chavarro, MD Walter Willett, MD, Patrick Skerret
- Circle +Bloom http://www.circlebloom.com/
- Listen to the February 24th Real Women on Health! Blog Radio Show featuring Circle +Bloom http://bit.ly/au3ce2
- Pulling Down the Moon – information and appointments for acupuncture, yoga, and other complementary therapies http://www.pullingdownthemoon.com/
- FertileAid http://www.fertilaid.com/
Although it wouldn’t be fair to leave out my personal go-to fertility coach and meditation workshop instructor/acupuncturist – Connie Barrow http://www.fertilepossibilities.com/ and Lisa Eaves http://www.heal-from-within.com/
Let me know if you find this helpful and feel free to recommend the essential elements of your fertility toolkit.